Many of our members are requesting shows. We are in the process of setting up our judges and also shows.
Shows in the Planning Stages:
- If you are planning to participate in Private, 4H, State, and/or County Shows, contact us so we can get them IDGR Sanctioned.
- We are planning a summer E-Show for dairy goats.
Steps to Sanction the Shows:
To be able to sanction a show, the judges in that show agree to abide by IDGR rules and scorecards. Also, the specific classes of animals and species wins will go towards Championship titles in International Gost, Sheep, Camelid Registry (IGSCR).
Forms to Be Filled and Sent to the IDGR office (email@example.com):
- Sanction Form (coming soon)
- Judges Agreement
- Judge’s Wins
- Judges Comments
4H and Youth Programs
We want to extend an invitation to our youth, as they learn about animals, showing, and other classes. If your youth are in 4H, we will give their goats a special award for their wins. We plan to host an online set of shows this year for the youth in a few different classes, as well.
Special awards to our 2018 4H winners went out in 2018.
Lets give a round of applause to our 4H children and their goats.
- Rustic Country Mocha Latte received one leg towards 4HCH title. Mocha Latte’s handler received recognition for her other 4H achievements.
- Hidden Treasures Little Angel received one leg towards 4HCH.
Recognition For a job well done at fair:
- Diamond K5 Itsa Oakie Princess 1st (age class) & RSGC
- Diamond K5 Yakky Doodle 2nd (age class) & 3rd (breed Nigerian class out of 8)
- Diamond K5 Pack n Moonshine 4th (age class).
Lisa and IGSCR say,”Proud of the peewee kids and their showing this year.”
Here are some photos from 2018 4H and youth program
If you would like to be one of our 4H & Youth Coordinators, let us know.
Coming soon … Online Show Ah yes … We are working on our show program and are making HUGE progress.We are hoping to have our 2nd online show up and running this year, thanks to Regina, one of our judges, who is working on our score card. She is a highly trained judge and long-time goat/animal owner. Thanks so much, Regina.
If you are interested in being our E-Show Coordinator, please let us know.
Take clear photos. With all but the topical photo, please stand at goat’s level, not above the goat.
- Full Side (point camera at middle of the belly)
- If doe in milk, we need full shot of Fore and Rear udder
- Full side
If possible, you can use your cell phone, iPad, or whatever. Just a small little video clip of walking (side, rear and front).
Huge Progress. This year we are bringing back live shows. To set up your live shows, or have current shows in your area sanctioned IGSCR, please contact our office.
We look forward to having our Live Show Program going this year. If you would like to be our Live Show Coordinator, please let us know.