Heritage Navajo Angora Goats
Preserving the history and lineage of the Navajo Angora goat, a true heritage breed, we at Navajo Angora Division work with our Liaison with the Navajo Nation, ensuring that we keep this breed pure.
As we put the Navajo Angora Registry back into play, please recognize this is a work in progress. We love input, email email@example.com with your thoughts.
- Origin is Turkish Angora Goat
- USA Origin is Navajo Angora goat, derived from the Turkish Angora goat, who came to the United States
Breed Description vs Breed Standard
We choose to use a Breed Description, rather than a Breed Standard for these reasons:
- Breed Descriptions tend to be too confining for Heritage Breeds. They generally are lined with show faults etc.
- We are working on stabilizing the Heritage breed of Navajo Angora goats. In so doing, we need a description that encompasses what this great Heritage Breed actually is.
- Breed Description shows describes what the Navajo Angora is.
- We are working with the Navajo Nation who brought this great breed into being in the United States, after the Turkish Angora were brought to the Americas
Navajo Angora Goat Breed Description
- Face and legs are to be free of mohair
- Mohair on body and tail
- Any color
- Eyes: brown, blue, some Turkish Angora have green eyes (anything else?)
- Ears: Pendulous
- Horns: Polled or horned (we can describe the horns)
Navajo Angora Goat Uses
Please follow this link for more information about registering Heritage Navajo Angora Goats.